Hi everyone! It has been a while since the last post.
Here's a quick list of the updates:
- Jan just finished her 4th round of chemo and is doing well.
- Her white and red blood cell counts have been very low these past few weeks. Because of this, her chemo dose was reduced.
- Her thyroid medication was increased, as her thyroid levels have also dropped.
- She is still on a fentanyl patch and oxycodone but has noticed less pain from the metastases in her spine and ribs.
- She has gained back the ~20lbs of weight that she had gradually lost thanks to the delicious food from loved ones and her daily morning exercises.
As you can imagine, she is extremely exhausted. However, she is in a solid routine; usually waking up between 5-6am and then napping between 10am-2pm and then going to bed around 5pm.
We're still waiting on additional CT scans. She is planning to have 6 rounds of chemo and will continue with immunotherapy. We're not sure if these rounds of chemo will be the end of her treatment... there is still much we don't know (and may never know). But we're thankful that the treatment has elevated Jan's health from the downward spiral that started this journey.
Words cannot express how tremendously grateful we are for all of the love and support that we have continuously received from friends and family. We are ready for what's to come!