When cancer creeps in to your life—either into your body or the body of someone you love—it can be hard to remember when you've had a good week. This week has been very good after two busy and stressful months for Aida and John. Here's the good news first, in a list to get you up to speed:
1) Aida and John have moved back to Holland, Michigan
2) Both of their oldest sons live very near (Sean Killilea and Pablo Peschiera)
3) They've found an easily accessible apartment in a well-kept complex, looking out on a pond (ducks, geese, a muskrat)
4) Aldi's market is right nearby! (as is a Panera and the best Chinese restaurant in town!)
5) Aida's oncologist is excellent, and has a terrific bedside manner
6) Aida had her first chemo therapy appointment—it went very well!
7) Lucia, Aida's sister, was here to help them settle in, and it was wonderful
8) Aida is feeling better than she's felt in months—as good as one can feel with multiple myeloma
Today is St. Patrick's day, the feast day of the patron saint of Ireland. Like Saint Patrick chased the snakes out of Ireland, we'll chase the cancer out of Aida!