Development Program Manager
Job Title: Development Program Manager
Category: Fund Development
Location: CaringBridge Office
Our Mission is to build bridges of care and communication providing love and support on a health journey. Our Vision is a world where no one goes through a health journey alone. Founded in 1997, CaringBridge is the largest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with nearly 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Thanks to the compassion and generosity of our donors and volunteers, CaringBridge is able to connect and serve millions of people each year. Since our founding, nearly 800,000 CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many people’s lives. Every 8 minutes, a new CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health crisis.
Looking for a position where strategy meets results? At CaringBridge, a small, powerful team of 45 strategists work together in pursuit of a shared vision: A world where no one goes through a health journey alone. Philanthropy is the fuel to the CaringBridge fire. And you can be part of a purposeful team that’s big on collaboration and success, which allows CaringBridge to reach more than 30 million people each year. If a job with purpose at a nonprofit where results matter is what you seek, please consider this position.
The Development Program Manager will manage development programs geared at recapturing and retaining donors at CaringBridge. This position will manage an audience of approximately 100k donors in marketing automation, multi-channel programs.
• Develop and lead a comprehensive annual giving program, including strategies to incorporate a multichannel approach, with specific focuses for lapsed and renewed donors.
• Manages all aspects of return donor strategy, including marketing automation, analysis and reporting.
• Provides organization, production and maintenance of annual campaign materials and data.
• Consults with Development team to strategize return donor fundraising efforts.
• Manage mail solicitation program, including vendor management, reporting and presentation.
• Keeps abreast of best practices and participates in continuing education and training in online fundraising and annual giving disciplines.
• Stays current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
• Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
• Keeps Manager/Supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
• Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 7-10 years of development and/or marketing experience focused in the nonprofit sector.
• Strong organizational, administration, and interpersonal communication skills, and “big picture” oriented.
• Skill in preparing written reports and presentations.
• Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
• Analytical mindset with ability to tell compelling stories through data.
• Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
• Creative thought process, able to deal with ambiguity and uncertainties.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with personnel and outside contacts.
• Bonus: Familiar with Salesforce (specifically the Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud, Pardot and Einstein).
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
2750 Blue Water Road, Suite 275
Eagan, MN 55121.
Send me emails on supporting a friend in tough times through stories, articles, videos and more.