On Tuesday, August 16 at around 8:30am Vicki suffered a hemorrhagic stroke which caused her not to be able to talk for 30 minutes. After this passed Vicki drove herself to Monticello emergency room where they did a full nuerological test and completing a CT scan of her brain. On the way back from her CT scan she started to decline rapidly. They had to intabate her and transfer her to St. Cloud hospital in which she continued to decline rapidly. Upon arriving to St. Cloud hospital they completed another CT scan revealing a second but this time, very large hemorrhagic stroke which requiring emergency surgery. After surgery the nuerosurgeon was not confident that he stopped all of the bleeding (because of the depth and size) that there was to be very careful observation over Vicki and a 5am CT scan to verify the surgery was successful or not. Vicki was then placed on sedation medications and a ventilator. Upon review of the CT scan there was additional bleed but the nuerosurgeon wanted to wait one more day to see if it would clot on its own. The nuerosurgeon and family after reviewing the CT scan thought it was best to go in and remove the pressure of the bleed to help improve recovery, so a second surgery was performed. Vicki has responded a few times to tests, such as squeezing a hand, wiggling her toes and responding to knuckle pressure on her chest. She has opened her eyes halfway- breifly but has been what would seem to most- sedated but she has been off sedation medication since Friday morning at 9am. We hope and pray she responds to us and the nurses soon! Please pray!
Vicki and her family/friends appreciate prayers, positive thoughts and healing vibes in this trying time.
We will continue to update with any news we receive.