Welcome to our CaringBridge site. Since many people are asking, here is the fund information:
Trevor Tredaway Fund Citizens Federal Credit Union P.O.Box 51070 Midland , TX 79710
PayPal donations can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org If you donate here, on caringbridge, the donation goes to run this website. Just an FYI.
Trevor began having "episodes" in October 2007. They were very minimal and unconcerning at first. He would stop whatever he was doing, and tell me that his mouth hurt. Then, he would just stare off. This continued, very sporadically. I mentioned this to his pediatrician, and he suggested that Trevor might be having seizures. Trevor went through 3 EEG's so the neurologist could find seizure activity. So, we were told that he probably had a seizure disorder, and he would most likely grow out of it. The neurologist wanted to do an MRI, as a precaution, to make sure there was nothing structurally wrong with his brain. Well, we received horrendous news. Trevor had a mass on his brain. After further testing and MRI's, it was determined that he had an inoperable infiltrating astrocytoma, with 2 tumors on his spine as well. Trevor started chemo in February, with horrible side effects. He completed the first round of chemo in April, following an MRI. The doctors told us that the tumor was stable, however, it looked as if part of the tumor could have gotten bigger. So, we began looking into alternative treatments for him. We have decided to take Trevor to Scottsdale, Arizona to Envita. As of August 14, Trevor completed 8 weeks of treatment.
Trevor had an MRI on September 18. We were told that his tumor grew 5-10%. His doctors want to start him back on chemo, but we are still so uneasy about it. We are still researching other options and awaiting second opinions. We ask that everyone continue to keep Trevor in your prayers, along with the thousands of other children suffering some form of childhood cancer.
On November 10, 2008, Trevor had his second brain surgery, and 95% of the main tumor was removed. This surgery was performed in an attempt to control his seizures. He has now been 4 weeks without a seizure. We are waiting for another MRI at St. Jude to determine if Trevor is eligible for the PBTC22 protocol. In the meantime, he is suffering severe pain in his butt area. The cause is still unknown.
Trevor had an MRI on December 16th, and it was stable. We are doing the "watch and wait" thing until he has another MRI in March. His pain has decreased substantially. It was attributed to "excessive amounts of stool". Trevor is not eligible for the St. Jude protocol as it is written. His doctors are hopeful that it will be re-written so more children will be eligible for it. We keep expecting and receiving miracles!!!
As of March 2009, Trevor's MRI inidicated additional leptomeningeal spread on his brain. For this reason, the doctors said that his disease has progressed. He has resumed weekly vinblastine treatments. He is tolerating this chemo better than could be expected. The butt pain was attributed to nerve involvement with the tumors that are on his spine. He will have his first MRI since resuming chemotherapy on May 13, 2009.
Trevor's MRI showed that his spine was stable. However, there was a spot in his brain that grew. The leptomeningeal spread remained stable, so his doctors feel that he is responding to the vinblastine treatments. The hope is that the spot that grew will just take longer to respond to treatment. Next MRI is in July.
September 2010: Trevor continues with chemo treatments every other week at St. Jude. He has now been on avastin and irinotecan for one year. This is the first set of therapies that have kept him stable.