Tina Eisenbraun

First post: Jan 9, 2017 Latest post: Feb 15, 2020
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.  

This journey began when I first felt a tiny lump in my left breast. about a year or more ago. I didn't worry about it.  I had not been gettting regular check-ups though, and time goes so fast that suddenly it had been 5 years since my last mammograph. 

Then, the first week in November, 2016, I felt the lump again.  Maybe because the area was sore now, but I felt the same lump.  This time, I knew it was much larger than before.  I quietly freaked out!  At noon, I looked up preferred providers for our insurance, choose one of the  OB/GYNs and called for an appointment.   Got an appointment for the following Monday.

Saturday and Sunday:  Spent a wonderful weekend in Bison for the Christmas Fair.  Set up my DoTERRA booth.  No need to worry anyone else yet.

Monday:  Check-up. They noticed that my uterus was enlarged too,  so they did a biopsy of my uterus and cervex.

Tuesday:  Mammograph.  They took x-rays of the side in question, but then spent a lot more time on the other side.  It hadn't dawned on me there might be more masses in the other side.  Yikes!  They had me stay for an ultrasound.  
Tuesday:  Ultrasound.   The radiologist took a look at the ultrasound images.  He said he couldn't diagnose it as cancer without a biopsy, but it looked like it was, and there were 3 masses/areas of concern.

Wednesday:  Ultrasound guided needle-core biopsy of three areas.  One in the left and two in the right.  This procedure took over 2 hours.  At least 12 core samples later, I was sent home to wait for the pathology results.  He thought he'd have the result the next day.

Thursday:  Got a call about the uterus and cervex biopsies.  (No cancer.). No results for the breast biopsies yet.  I called at 4:45 PM to see if the results were back.  No luck. He said he'd call the next day, as soon as he heard the results.  I met up with other Meadowbrook teachers at Pottery to Paint for a little bowl painting.  It was a wonderful way to get my mind off this for a little while. Much fun!

Friday, Noveber 11, 2016:  No school for Veteran's Day.  Got the call around 10;30 AM.  The doctor was certain now that all three areas of concern are cancer.


CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Tina’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register