Thanks for stopping by and caring!!🥰 as most of you know, Rylan has a cochlear implant. Approximately 3 months ago I took him in to the audiologist for routine programming appointment. Unfortunately, she told us that only 3 of (12 or 21? We were told both) his electrodes, were working. We met with Rylans ENT doctor, who was also his surgeon, a few weeks later. He told us the problem was mechanical failure. 🥺.... he presented us with all the risks involved with Rylan having another surgery... since his first was complicated and risky. His inner ears being severely deformed, All the risks of brain fluid leaking into his cochlea, if the patch from last surgery doesn’t hold when he goes in to remove the old implant, high risk for meningitis, etc are very real the second surgery also. After much prayer, with everything considered, we feel like we need to give him every chance we can to hear. I took rylan for a ct Monday to check it out, and see if there was fluid in his cochlea in preparation for surgery...at this point he is scheduled to be at children’s hospital in Birmingham Monday, Aug. 10, at 530am for surgery. Thanks in advance for your prayers. It feels like God is in this, and we know He can make it be simple without complications, if He so wills. So we move forward in prayer.