Can you support CaringBridge during our Spring giving campaign? Generous donors like you ensure that CaringBridge remains ad-free, private and protected.
Mar 25, 2017 Latest post:
Apr 4, 2017
Robin is a mother of 3. Brandy, Randy, and Shawn, and she has 4 beautiful grandchildren. Destiny, Christian, Julian, and Serenity. She lives with her husband Harold in Omaha Nebraska. Starting in November of 2016 Robin starting getting sick with a cough, and headaches. She went to her PC physician to get answers, and some kind of relief. From November until her visit to the hospital in March she was treated with multiple series of antibiotics and steroids, and during this time she developed two large masses on either side of her neck . She presented her concern about the masses to her doctor, and he brushed them off as an infection. On March, 17th 2017 Robin was taken to the University of Nebraska Medical Center with severe head pain, cough, and vomiting. After an agonizing 6 hours of waiting in the ER for an answer, the doctors came back and gave us the horrible news that my mother cancer all through her body. All they could say is that they were sorry. She was admitted and taken upstairs for observation until she could meet with her oncologist. She spent her 54th birthday on March 18th 2017 in the hospital awaiting her biopsy on Monday, March 20th. The preliminary results of the biopsy came back immediately confirming she had stage 4 Non small-cell terminal lung cancer. They found a total of 22 tumors. She has one large tumor in the left lobe of her upper lung which is causing it to be collapsed, she has 10 tumors in her brain, 4 tumors in her lymph nodes in her mediastinum, 4 tumors in the lining of her stomach, a large tumor in her adrenal gland above the kidneys, and a large tumor in her kidney. They started emergency full brain radiation to relieve pain pressure. She will get 15 full brain radiation treatments, and then they want to do radiation to her chest, and neck to help her regain her normal breathing. We are still waiting on the full pathology report to come back. If they can find specific markers and cell mutations then they may be able to use new targeted therapies that can provide some hope. We meet with medical oncology at the end of March to discuss other treatment options. At this time our family has decided to not do chemo. We are hoping to raise the money to get her alternative therapies. With hope, anything is possible.