Jul 30, 2020 Latest post:
Nov 14, 2020
Yesterday Dad pulled the lawn mower into the garage and went inside. It caught fire and he got burned in the process of trying to put it out, and dragging the mower out to save the house. We didn’t think it was bad at first because he was the one that told us about it and it just sounded like they were going in to ER to make sure it wasn’t to bad. Mom was able to be in the emergency room with him, but than they had to transfer him to the burn center in San Antonio. They took him by ambulance and on the way he had somewhat of an allergic reaction to morphine. He nearly passed out and they stopped to get him stabilized again. They ran the rest of the way with lights and sirens. Of course nobody can be with him on the burn unit. At present he is looking at a week stay and possibly grafting in the next day or two. They have had to shave his head and beard because of the burns. Worst burns are around his elbow area. The pain is starting to get worse again this morning so you can pray for him. It is hard as a family to not be able to be there. We are glad though, that he can communicate with us himself.