Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting. In the early morning of Saturday, May 12, 2018, the Sturgis home of Cherie and Bill McKee, burned. Cherie and Bill, both SBHS Alumni and longtime Sturgis educators, escaped unharmed. Their adult children, Jason McKee (https://www.facebook.com/jason.mckee.509?fref=mentions
) (SBHS Class of '88) and Mandy Mckee, as well as Mandy's young son, Ethan Baker, all sustained serious lung injuries due to smoke inhalation, etc. Jason and Mandy were life-flighted to North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, CO. (Ethan is at Children's Hospital in Denver with his dad, Jason Baker). Cherie, Bill, and they younger daughter, Katy Hemenway (https://www.facebook.com/katy.hemenway.3?fref=mentions
), drove down to Colorado. Jason and Mandy are currently sedated into "induced coma" so that ventilators can help their damaged lungs breathe. They are undergoing assessment and treatment; we will keep everyone updated here. During their public school careers, Bill and Cherie taught many of us (and our kids); in Cherie's 20+ years of preschool, she taught our children and even grandchildren. Now this family who has always been at the ready to help others really needs our prayers and support, now and in the coming weeks and months, to help them make a full recovery.