On April 25th Emil "Picc" was admitted into the hospital. He had complained of flu-like symptoms, but I knew it was more. The initial prognosis was that he was going to be here for a few days.
As it turned out, his body was working with only half the blood it needed; he contracted a serious infection; and his liver was not functioning properly. And yet he still went to see Mount Pisgah's final regular season baseball game only 2 days earlier. That's Picc.
6/2 update: For those of you interested in donations in memory of Picc, please see the options below:
To honor the life of Emil "Picc" Piccapietra, please donate to one of the following:
- American Liver Foundation to drive research and treatment innovations at https://secure3.convio.net/alf/site/Donation2?df_id=2360&2360.donation=form1
- In memory of Picc, the family requests memorial donations may be made to the Patriot Club, Mount Pisgah Christian School, 9820 Nesbit Ferry Road, Johns Creek, GA 30022. Each donor will receive an acknowledgement letter and tax receipt. An avid fan and Mount Pisgah Athletics supporter, Picc wanted to see continuing advancements such as:
- Lights for night games at the baseball field
- A field house for the football team
- A box of premium seats at the baseball field
Thank you for the outpouring of love and support!
Also, be sure to use this site to share memories, photos, and video clips. There are some good ones out on Facebook as well, that i will also post here.
Love from the Piccs