Can you support CaringBridge during our holiday giving campaign? Generous donors like you ensure that CaringBridge remains ad-free, private and protected.
Chelsea’s Liver Tx
Oct 22, 2020 Latest post:
Dec 2, 2020
Welcome to our CaringBridge website! We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place and will update periodically. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement! Thank you for visiting.
Chelsea has been battling autoimmune diseases almost all her life. She has had Ulcerative Colitis since 20 months old, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis since 6 years old, and Autoimmune Hepatitis since 9 years old. She is currently 24 years old and has been listed for transplant for 4 years total and in three separate regions (Houston, Boston, and Cleveland). She currently resides in the greater Boston area.
Chelsea’s mom, Tammy, was the first to be evaluated as an option to be Chelsea’s living liver donor and was a match! It is rare that the first person evaluated is a match, but we’ve been lucky! Tammy lives in south Louisiana.
The transplant is scheduled at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio for Monday, October 26. Tammy will be having a laparoscopic removal of 62% of her liver to be donated to her daughter, leaving Tammy with 38% of her liver left. The liver is amazing in that it regenerates itself!
The two will be admitted on Sunday the 25, the day before surgery, and will both be alone for the entirety of their hospital stays due to COVID-19. They are both excited, nervous, and ready! If you are so moved, please leave words of encouragement, support, and love for Chelsea and Tammy.