Can you support CaringBridge during our March campaign? Generous donors like you ensure that CaringBridge remains ad-free, private and protected.
Oct 16, 2017
It started with a cold and cough... After 1 week of calling Knapper (GMC) and being told Benjamin just had a cold and it would pass we got him seen on Thursday 2/5/09. X-ray showed lung was collapsed and damaged. He was admitted to Peds 2nd floor and diagnosed with RSV. Sat 2/7 he had a seizure and started with bouts of apnea. He was moved to GMC PICU. He was put on C-pap which is air that is forced when he stopped breathing. He was doing better and taken off the c-pap and just on low oxygen. How ever Thursday 2/12 he had to be intubated and sedated because he was breathing too fast or just not breathing at all. He is resting and healing now, although it kills me I can not hold him I understand he needs this to get better. Right now it’s a waiting game to get this sickness out. Next Tuesday or Wednesday he will go to the OR and given a full exam of his airway and at that time they will determine the next step which could be anything from tube out and back to heal a little longer or to having a tracheotomy. Please pray for Benjamin he is only 9 weeks old and no child should go through anything like this. I will try to email more if things change however they are keeping him in this coma like stage until next week. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!