January 27, 2021
WE MADE IT !!
Following a series of MD appointments early January I got the OK to travel to Florida. We left home on January 14th, spent one night in West Virginia . We enjoyed a wonderful weekend with our son Bernie and family. Great to spend time with the grandkids. On Monday we made our way to St. Augustine. I rode with Audra and Jack with Bernie. It was just super to have them help us to unload the van and and get settled. They were with us til Wednesday.
Never did I realize how exhausted I’d be from the trip! Fortunately, I have plenty of time to rest up. Swimming every day is my “go to exercise.” Before I get back to beach walking my balance and endurance need some work. That will come in time. Already I can see some improvement!! Of course sunshine and ocean breezes also help! All in all I am doing quite well. Happily, I seldom use the walker or cane, but have both with me for those times I need them.
My first COVID shot was last Friday and Jack gets his 1st on Sunday. We were online the four days they were offered at 6 a.m.patiently waiting for an opening which can took more than an hour. We were so fortunate to be able to schedule.
Again, I thank each one of you for your prayers, love and support. That did more for my healing than you know!! If you would like to text or call my # is 585 857 4357.
Help Sue Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Sue's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Patricia ChristinaSue and Jack, great to hear this news. Was great to have a little help from Bernie and Audra. Looking at the weather in the north,looks like you got out just in time.. the sun and ocean view will be a boost for you even if the days are cool. Glad you have your first shot. We have each had our first..on schedule next Wednesday for the second for me, two weeks for Bill. Talk to you soon. Hugs1/29/21
- Karen LyonsSue you are the EverReady Bunny. Welcome back to Florida. By the time Florida weather warms a bit you should be ready for those walks on the beach. Jan and I have talked about a possible visit, but it will have to wait for a while because neither of us have been able to get our COVID vaccinations yet. Hugs to you and Jack.1/28/21
- Barbara SoltasHi, Sue. So happy to hear you continue to improve and you got to your winter home. Hope you made lots of stops on the way to stretch. We are well. Tracy got her second shot on Monday and has recovered from reaction: chills, headache, and weakness. Amanda had her first shot. No problems. Enjoy the warm weather and sunshine. Hugs, Barbara1/28/21
- Laurie KorberI’m so glad you were able to get to Florida! The sunshine will do wonders !1/28/21
- Marj SmithYay!! Just don’t forget your way home!1/28/21
- Peggy ZeollaGlad you are doing well. Wave to Jo, inge, Gail and Horst for me!1/28/21
- Catherine GirauloSo glad you made it there, I was starting to worry. Enjoy it and have fun it will do you both good. Stay safe sending love and hugs your way1/28/21
- Denise & Ron KelleyEnjoy the sun, pool and beach. I bet this will be a world of good for you! So glad you are there. It is freezing here ⛄️1/28/21
- Marge LurzRest, soak up some sun and heal. Enjoy you time away from the cold and snow. Hugs and love headed your way.1/28/21
- Jean NewmanGreat news-- What a great step forward. You are both amazing. We are all blessed with good friends and family. We are signed up for the first shot next week. Looking forward to seeing you if all continues to go on plan Take care Bob & Jean1/27/21
- Eleanor BrownEnjoy the sunshine and warm weather. Miss those days. Happy for you. Keep up the good work. Elly Brown1/27/21
- Debby FitzmorrisHow wonderful All that lovely sunshine and the ocean breezes will certainly help you to heal Enjoy you’ve earned it1/27/21
- JAN NORRISSo happy you are there. Relax, enjoy the weather and get stronger! Love to both of you.1/27/21
- Joan KuyonSo glad to hear you are in Florida!! We have been in Jekyll since Jan 11th. Rainy here today!!1/27/21