So Shelby is finally coming home today after 9 days at St Luke’s. After much deliberation and consultation with her care team here and in Houston, we have decided to try immunotherapy one more time. We are doing this with the understanding that it may be too little too late, may not work at all, or it may cause her more discomfort and complications. She should be able to tolerate it and it has the best chance to have an effect on the tumor, however it just might not be enough in her current state. She told me she wanted to keep fighting and I know I would if it were me. We will have our hands full at home as she is now completely dependent on others for care. We are also coordinating home healthcare and home caregiving to assist me when I’m gone on a trip. As always keep her in your prayers and we’ll figure out a visit plan soon, in the meantime just test me. 208-340-2967. Thanks everyone.
Can you help power Shelby's site?
A $30 donation powers a site like Shelby's for one month. Help keep CaringBridge online for them and for you.
Show Your Support
See the Ways to Help page to get even more involved.
Keep In Touch
Tips on supporting a friend in tough times through stories, articles, videos and more.