Wedding Weekend Recovery - June 14, 2021
God could not have provide a more beautiful weekend for a wedding!! AND God was watching over Steve; he was able to enjoy Haley & Sam's week long visit and the wedding festivities with no setbacks.
Steve is feeling pretty good; he was a healthy eater prior to steroids, but he is currently a bottomless pit! Today he started to notice the beginning of mouth sores; I've contacted his oncologist for a prescription for some "magic mouth wash". We are hoping his side effects remain minimal!
Steve is slowly returning to his daily activities (chores). He remains positive through his journey; but I'm not going to lie/hide facts, he is experiencing a little 'survivor's guilt'. His prognosis is positive, but when he thinks about the struggles of five-year old Brooklyn or the less positive outcome a friend's wife has received, he feels 'guilty'. But, we remain positive and trust in the higher power of God.
I hope you will enjoy the few attached photos from the weekend, along with the video of Steve & Ashley's dance together; be sure to watch all the way to the end!!!
"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." (Isaiah 43:2)
Help Steve Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation powers a site like Steve's for one month. If you donate by July 29, your gift will be doubled, up to $10,000, thanks to a generous family who believes in the power of community.
- Joseph CarterSoooo awesome! May god bless you!!6/16/21
- Mary HarrisJOY!!6/16/21
- Lisa HeimerLoved the dance! Love the smiles and fun that came from the weekend. I can't tell you to not feel guilty regarding Miss Brooklyn because its a true feeling. As her mom, there are lots of things I feel guilty about. I wont even go into the list. However, with it being a true feeling please know that your success and positives not only benefit you but her as well! We cheer on others through their journeys too so each win we all celebrate! Keep on keepin on! 😊❤6/15/21
- Diane Van HoozerThe Dad Dance was incredible!! Steve had so much energy! Keep on keeping on!6/15/21
- jeff and deb magnusonSo glad you all had a wonderful wedding weekend 😊 . The pictures were beautiful and the Dad Daughter dance was awesome!!6/15/21
- Scott KunzGreat news.6/15/21
- Jean Brood DitsworthThank you for sharing the updates, photos and video (that was awesome). Congratulations Ashley, may you enjoy a long and happy marriage 💐6/15/21
- Jodi DatemaPositive thoughts, prayers, love and hugs always!! It was a beautiful day indeed to celebrate Ashley and Justin. Blessed family!!6/15/21
- Cathy DouglasGreat pictures! Prayers and positive thoughts for everyone.6/14/21