April 10, 2021
Journal Entry by Don Ayers — April 10, 2021
Thursday evening, my plan was to talk about the infusion and the next steps.
Mary Jo had a miserable night. Up 4 times and each time she was weaker to the point where I could barely help her. She seemed to have had another stroke. She cannot walk. No use of her right arm/leg. Very weak.
I called 911 Friday AM. ER @ Mercy Hosiptal Joplin. Not good news: CT Scan and chest X-Ray show more tumors and edema. Her melanoma has spread more, even with the treatments. Effects are tumor related. Steroid was increased 5-fold to hopefully relieve some of the swelling. Admitted, room 4002. Here probably until I find a hospice for her.
I cannot express how I feel right now but know it ain’t good!
Help Mary Jo Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Mary Jo's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Trish ArnoldWe’r so sorry that you’re going through such a difficult time. We will pray that God will hold you both in his loving arms and give you comfort!4/12/21
- Brenda SagengThere are no words adequate to express what you are feeling now. My prayers are for comfort for you and Jo at this moment.4/11/21
- Janet Morgan-BurlingameLove and prayers for you both.4/11/21
- Sharon HammelDitto to all that has been said. May the pain you experience now fade and cherished memories take over. Love to you both.4/11/21
- Deb EberleGod bless Jo and may He heal her infirmaties.4/10/21
- Gale FultonDon, my daughter-in-law is a Hospice Care Manager. She has cared for a number of our family and friends and you will find her most compassionate and professional. Her name is Angela Fulton 417-392-0162. It is always better when you can have any kind of personal connection. She will help you anyway possible...even if its to just get started. I am so sorry for what you and Jo are having to endure, I have known Jo since HS and we always had a great affection and respect for one another....life just took us different directions. Still admire and love her. Gale4/10/21
- Maggie HudsonWhat devastating news! My heart breaks for you both, and I pray you find a situation for Jo where you both can feel as much peace and relief from suffering as possible. May grace surround you now. All my love.4/10/21
- Ana ManningI’m so very sorry to hear this. My prayers go up for you both for comfort and strength. So glad you have each other. You take such great care of her. God bless.4/10/21
- Rhea CooperI am so sorry - my heart is broken - you're both such wonderful people! Not fair!!!4/10/21
- Merlen WhiteIncredibly sad news! My heartfelt empathy to Ms. Jo and to you! May you find comfort in your love!4/10/21
- Linda KygerMy heart is breaking for both and I am sending Prayers and Hugs to the two of you. Jo is so darn blessed to have you by her side.4/10/21
- Gwen MurdockI'm so sorry, Don. I echo all the sentiments expressed here. I'm sending you thoughts of strength.4/10/21
- Gary BottomsAbsolutely no words Don. Our hearts are with you and Jo.4/10/21
- Don and Ruth SniderJust breaks my heart to hear what both of u r going through. And knowing there is nothing we can do hurts too. You are both in our hearts. With love, Ruth and Don4/10/21
- Sharon BeshoreDon, thank you for sharing this with us so we can try to understand what’s going on. Please convey our love to Jo and she is on our thoughts every moment. This news is painful , devastating for all of us who love Jo. Don, she is so fortunate to have your love and care.4/10/21
- Tricia CourtneyLove you both.4/10/21
- Josie MaiWe are all with you both. This is happening fast. Perhaps that is some of horrible blessing. Let us know how to help.4/10/21
- Lori LavenderLuzThis is not the news any of us wanted. So sorry for what Jo has been enduring, as well as you, Don. Waves of love to you both <34/10/21
- Joyce McBroom💔💔💔💔💔 I am sorry to hear this Don. Sending virtual hugs to you both.4/10/21
- Linda TeeterMay God guide you and Angels surround Jo. Hugs love to both of you!4/10/21
- Dan StanleyWe are hanging on your every post. We are so sad that we cannot be there with you to shower you and Jo with love and support. We think about you and Jo constantly and our constant prayers go up for Jo and you and the gifted doctors and nurses who are caring for you.4/10/21
- Lori MarbleI am so, so sorry. You are incredible in the love, care, kindness and dedication you’ve displayed.4/10/21