Marshall’s Story

Site created on November 3, 2020

Last Thursday Marshall was called to go on an ice storm in Oklahoma City.  It was quite the storm from what I can see!  On Monday around noon he was on his hooks in an area he could not get his bucket to.  Although he was working on non-energized wire, he somehow came in contact with a live wire close by and was shocked.  This caused him to go into a heart arrhythmia and lose consciousness. His coworkers are hero’s in my book and reacted quickly.  Because they couldn’t get a bucket back there, one hero jumped in his bucket truck and literally drove it through the side of someone’s house to get to him while two other hero’s climbed with hooks and ladders to get to him.  Meanwhile the hero’s on the ground already had paramedics in route!  They got him down to the ground within 5-7 minutes into the hero arms of waiting paramedics who initiated CPR immediately.  He was in ventricular fibrillation, so was shocked several times to a sinus rhythm.  He is currently in ICU in Oklahoma City in critical condition.

Newest Update

Journal entry by Kalli Rosenblad

Marshall officially graduated wound care!!!  He doesn’t have to wear anything on his hand anymore!!  FREEDOM!!!  I’m sure we all do not understand how wonderful a shower feels using both hands until you have to cover one up for 2 months!!  We may have to have the wound therapist look every once in awhile if he keeps shooting stitches out his other incisions but that’s slowing down too!  
Now to just focus on all his other therapies... speech aka brain therapy is continuing to go well.  I don’t hear much about the occupational therapy which strictly works with hand function so it must be going ok too.  The biggest thing now is getting that shoulder back to working order.  That is through physical therapy and we have an orthopedic consult on January 11 to see if they want further studies or just think more intense physical therapy will be sufficient.  
We finally got out of town for a few days this weekend.  Went to celebrate the last of our family Christmases in Omaha!  He drove the whole way there and back like nothing had changed!  I don’t know how many times I looked over at him driving and thought, “wow, it’s like the last 2 months didn’t even happen!!”  We are feeling a little more normal, well, I say that from my standpoint because I’m back at work, not going to work is still driving him crazy!  I keep telling him the harder he works in therapy, the sooner it will be... the biggest thing is we need to pray for patience!  He has healed so fast already, he will be able to go back when God tells us his body is ready!  I knew it would come to this....he is one of the hardest workers I know.  He prides himself in his work and a job well done.  To wake up and not be going to work is going to bother him now that he’s feeling closer to normal.  He will get there, in God’s most perfect timing!!🥰

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.   ~Romans 12:12

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.          ~James 1:12

Patients and caregivers love hearing from you; add a comment to show your support.
Help Marshall Stay Connected to Family and Friends

A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers Marshall's site for one month. Will you make a gift to help ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?

Show Your Support

See the Ways to Help page to get even more involved.