Lois’s Story

Site created on January 16, 2019

Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.

After meeting with the cardiologist, an angiogram was done Friday, January 11.  It was discovered that she had 4 blockages of 60 to 80%. - including a blockage in the stent that was placed 12 years ago.  The best option was to schedule bypass surgery..and that was scheduled for Thursday, January 17.  

We arrived in Fargo for pre-op appointments today (Wednesday), and have been advised that due to emergencies..she will need to wait until Monday January 21 to have the surgery.  Changes in plans are stressful..but the good news is that mom CAN wait.  If she was the one in need of the emergent surgery we would be thankful there was that option.  She will go home for the remainder of  the week.

Please keep us in your prayers.. and we will add updates as they happen.

Newest Update

Journal entry by Pat Crom

The wrong date was posted with my entry about mom coming to Watertown.  We are now into the middle of February!  Yikes!   The plan is that she will be here until her follow up appointment March 6.
Patients and caregivers love hearing from you; add a comment to show your support.
Help Lois Stay Connected to Family and Friends

A $30 donation powers a site like Lois's for one month.

If you donate by May 9, your gift will be doubled, up to $10,000, thanks to a generous gift from a family who believes in the power of connection on a health journey.

Show Your Support

See the Ways to Help page to get even more involved.