Those were the two words spoken by my oncologist during my PET scan results meeting. I could tell he was smiling under his mask. When he pulled up my scan on the computer,not one tumor was detected! The last 4 (of16 tumors) were sent to tumor Hell. So after hundreds of hours of chemo and over 60 radiation blasts, I am in remission! However, after a lengthy meeting, we jointly agreed to stay on a chemo regimen for the next few weeks. I have learned to mange the side effects of said chemo and know what to expect.
I have to say that all of the prayer warriors, friends and family have totally kept me strong through the last 2.5 years. The text messages, phone calls, social media postings have not gone unnoticed and I appreciate every single one of them. Thank you all.
Kimmy has been my savior through this ordeal and much love goes out to her.
Again, thank you for your support.
Help John Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation powers a site like John's for one month. If you donate by July 29, your gift will be doubled, up to $10,000, thanks to a generous family who believes in the power of community.
- Kevin ChristensenSo good to see the cancer free message!, I got off FB last fall so I didn’t see your last few updates and thought I would check in on here to find good news!5/24/21
- Keith & Lee RehfeldGood for you Johnny!!!Keith & Lee4/21/21
- Kristi KampmeyerPrayers Answered!!! Crying reading your post.....you are my hero John, you faced this monster with grace, strength and always a positive attitude......amazing you are my friend.....love you!!! Kristi4/21/21
- Gina UnsethYes!!! 😁4/20/21
- Sarah BolducYes JMac!!! So happy to hear that amazing new. I’ll continue praying for you and wishing you nothing but the best.4/20/21
- Christine DahnPraise God 🙌4/20/21
- Don DunnWhat fantastic news Johnny. You were due for some good news. You have much more to accomplish in this world my friend.4/20/21
- Carlene and Ron KruegerFantastic news John! We're so happy for you!!!4/20/21
- Susan StokesSo happy for you and grateful all our prayers for you were answered! Your courage has been amazing! 😘😘4/20/21
- Tom NielsenThis is great news John.4/20/21
- Michael CaselloHow can I put this eloquently and articulately.... FUCK YEAH !!!!! This is absolutely amazing news Johnny. I’m so happy to read this. Strength, focus, and determination, just a few of the things you brought to the fight. Again, very, very happy to hear this news Johnny !!!!4/20/21
- Brad HildebrandtYou are the man! You've been through hell and made it out the other side. Keep the faith and that sexy AF smile.4/20/21
- Jan HinchmanWow! That is wonderful!4/20/21
- Peg WagnerGoose bumps!! That’s what I have reading this!! Way to fight while keeping your sense of humor!!! Thank the Good Lord for Kimmy and all the love and prayers that were and still will be coming your way!! Keep it up!!!Hugs and Love!!4/20/21
- Tim BrunnerThis is amazing news!! So happy for you guys. Prayer is a powerful thing and you are proof! Keep kicking butt J-Mac!4/20/21
- Kevin McGreThis is AWESOME news cous....#you beat the monster.4/20/21
- Judy ShatekJohn your post brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing you journey and thank God for your remission!! And thank Kimmy for her love and strength and support ❤️❤️❤️4/20/21
- Carolyn LeckeyTears of joy for you both for answered prayers! Your positive attitude and perseverance (even when it wasn’t easy) has inspired me more than you’ll ever know. I love you dearly, and have never been prouder to be your sister. Now go enjoy remission, and eat a sandwich (or ten)! 😆@@@@@@4/20/21
- Eric KuczaboskiHallelujah Brother!!4/20/21