- Received surgery date: December 6th, Northside Hospital Women's Center.
- Picked up paperwork for my leave of absence at work.
- Received hundreds (I'm exaggerating) of pages of surgical consent forms to sign and return.
- Decided on DIEP Flap reconstruction and selected my surgical team.
- Co-hosted a baby shower with a neighbor, for a neighbor. No one knew except the person I hosted the shower with. Now I can tell everyone.
I've told a few friends because I need them to be there for my children, and I wish I could tell everyone in person. It's been so hard imagining sharing this news on Facebook, or in texts, or in emails, and now I've done them all. It's no better in person. Honestly, it's more emotional and I'm sort of "cried out" right now.
I'm also taking naps when I need them. I never knew how much I needed sleep. And we dream when we sleep. He speaks to me; that's why I'm not shaken.
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Jewell's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?