June 14, 2021
Good evening friends,
Let me start by offering a heartfelt thank you to each of you who have kept us in your prayers throughout this entire journey. I know I say it a lot, but prayer is our most dire need. If we are to receive anything good, it will originate in the heavenly storehouses of Him who owns all things. God does not need the prayers of the saints to accomplish His mighty works. Nonetheless, He has ordained that He will work through our prayers the same. So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Today, we had a follow-up appointment with Jennifer's surgeon at MD Anderson. She shared with us the results of the tests that were done on Jennifer's tumors. We haven't been officially declared "cancer-free," but the tumors are all extracted now, and any cancer that may still be in there will hopefully be killed off with the chemo therapy Jen will start in a few weeks. Of course, she still has to heal for six weeks past the surgery date before starting chemo again.
We're still staying at The Ballard House. The room is quite small. We have two full-sized beds, so one of us has to sleep on a workout pad on the floor. Last night was my turn. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it. We won't make Jennifer sleep down there.
Jen is still healing up. She has a lot of soreness in her abdomen, and she will have trouble getting around for a while. She can't lift anything more than 5lbs or even bend over, for fear of a potential hernia. She has a scar from below her belly button that extends up to her sternum (the connecting bone in the middle of the ribcage). We'll spare you that photo. However, attached is a photo from the day after Jennifer was returned to us.
The kids are doing well, but they can't wait to go and see their Poppy (Jennifer's dad) later this week. It seems to be all they can think about or talk about. Jen has been cleared for the trip. We just have a few loose ends to tie up, and then later this week we'll be on our way.
We thought it might be helpful to provide a list of needs, so that people can know how to be praying and how you might potentially help:
- Most important is continued prayer for Jennifer's complete healing and the wisdom of the doctors.
- Second, pray that Norah would be accepted into the private school to which we've applied. She's currently on a short waiting list. Providentially, our younger two children have applied for classes that have no waiting lists.
- Pray for my continued diligence in growing myself professionally in the career path I'm pursuing.
- Pray that the Lord would provide us with the financial means to afford housing and utilities in the Willis / Huntsville area while Jennifer continues to seek treatment at MD Anderson. Renting costs more a month than buying, so we'd prefer to buy something small, but we don't currently have money for a down payment.
- Finally, pray that (whether through the GoFundMe or some other means) we would be able pay the remainder of the kids' tuition for the upcoming school year (at this point, it's over $10,000).
Perhaps the most beneficial thing you might consider doing outside of prayer is widely and often to share the link to our GoFundMe through text, e-mail, and wherever you have a presence on social media.
The Lord is good and has always provided for our needs, and we know that He will do so now. Thank you all again for your prayers in this time, and thank you to everyone who has supported us thus far with your gifts and talents. You are truly a blessing from the Lord. May He be with you all through the next week.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Billy & Jennifer
Help Jennifer Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Jennifer's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Jeffrey JordanBilly, I always look forward to your posts. They are a great encouragement to persevere and a great way to stay "connected" Trust and know that you all are prayed for often and when I fail ( and I do) Christ prays always and perfectly for His people. Never fail to tell Jennifer everyday that you love her and each day more than the next. Do simple things. So many little simple things that can seem so insignificant can mean so much more than you may ever know this side of glory and will strengthen your bond. We do miss you all. It was good to see you on the Zoom screen on Sunday!! So many more things I'd like to write but it would end up being a tome and the multitude of Scripture flooding my mind to give to you to strengthen you is more than I can write at this time, so I will stop here. Love to you all. Jeff6/15/21