A quick post to share the link to Jay's celebration-of-life service video. https://youtu.be/NvsECFIN96o
Yesterday marked two years since Jay's death. It was a quiet time for Evren, Eren, and me with each of us needing to process the day in our own way. I/we connected with Jay's family and also came together in the evening to make one of Jay's favorite meals - our Turkish dinner: kofte (spiced meatballs that Jay became a master of!), red lentil soup, pilaf, and a bunch of other treats finished off with some yummy baklava.
A heartfelt thanks to everyone who made 6/23/2019 possible; I will never be able to thank you all enough for creating a day of celebration:
- Trent Arnold(videographer) - Thank you for creating this video for us to remember that day
- First Avenue - Stacy and Sonya for helping us get the date, and all of the staff who worked that day
- Everyone who helped pull off this event: Gillian Rosenquist (Organizer/Project Manager extraordinaire/all details)
- Erin Hartman & Troy Johnson (photo boards)
- Jake Rudh (DJ)
- Marco Giovannelli (keyboards)
- Danielle and Chris Finden, & Efrain Santiago (food)
- Teresa House (various important tasks and provided the guest books)
- Jen Brower-Montgomery (created the program)
- the speakers: Todd Smith (Donkey), Steve Brown (friend, Rummage Kinsman), Andrew Benson (friend, SLT principal, Gino Giovannelli (best friend, bandmate, former boss), Scott Mathews (brother and best friend).
- and all of you for supporting Jay and us during his last year.
Sending you all love and support.
Dilek, Evren, and Eren