Hi everyone! It has been a while since the last post.
Here's a quick list of the updates:
- Jan just finished her 4th round of chemo and is doing well.
- Her white and red blood cell counts have been very low these past few weeks. Because of this, her chemo dose was reduced.
- Her thyroid medication was increased, as her thyroid levels have also dropped.
- She is still on a fentanyl patch and oxycodone but has noticed less pain from the metastases in her spine and ribs.
- She has gained back the ~20lbs of weight that she had gradually lost thanks to the delicious food from loved ones and her daily morning exercises.
As you can imagine, she is extremely exhausted. However, she is in a solid routine; usually waking up between 5-6am and then napping between 10am-2pm and then going to bed around 5pm.
We're still waiting on additional CT scans. She is planning to have 6 rounds of chemo and will continue with immunotherapy. We're not sure if these rounds of chemo will be the end of her treatment... there is still much we don't know (and may never know). But we're thankful that the treatment has elevated Jan's health from the downward spiral that started this journey.
Words cannot express how tremendously grateful we are for all of the love and support that we have continuously received from friends and family. We are ready for what's to come!
Help Janice Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation powers a site like Janice's for one month. If you donate by July 29, your gift will be doubled, up to $10,000, thanks to a generous family who believes in the power of community.
- Sandy MartinJanice, thinking of you a lot, glad to hear you've put that weight back on etc.....6/21/21
- adrienne carmackJan- you continue to inspire me. Praying for you! keep resting and recharging!6/18/21
- Fran LucasJan, I think of you often and pray for you daily. Keep fighting!6/17/21
- jean hoodThanks for update! Praying6/17/21
- Dot FoggKeeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.6/17/21
- Andrea TracySo glad to have this update and glimpse of the routine - Jan going with the ebb and flow of energy. Sending love.6/16/21
- Pat PhillipsSo glad to hear about the progress being made! I keep praying for you Jan. Just picturing your beautiful smile. ❤🙏6/16/21
- Kalane WongReally appreciate the update, thanks. Have been thinking often of you and your family and wishing you continued strength and good spirits. Cheering you on daily from the other coast!6/16/21
- Laura MitchellThank you for the update. We love seeing her get out for her walks each day and are so impressed with her smile and strength. The neighbor Mitchells6/15/21
- Jim KassThanks for all the updates… still praying & love for all of you! Keep on fighting Jan!6/15/21
- Tim LabbeMay God bless you and your family in this trying time ! All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Jan .6/15/21
- Dora Anne MillsThank you for the update. Holding Jan and her family close.6/15/21
- Hillary TejadaThank you so much for the update! Jan, sending you smiles and praying and thinking of you often. Great job on the weight gain and exercise! Love you!6/14/21
- Terri FarquharSo wonderful to hear!!! I think of you every day<36/14/21
- JohnandMarianne AyoobThank you for the update. Faith and hope continues for you everyday.6/14/21
- Deborah MorganThank you for the update! Sending you healing loving juju.6/14/21
- Alan PelletierThanks for the update! We are thinking of you all.6/14/21
- Deborah HaglerThank You for the update! Rest Restore and Lots of Love !6/14/21
- Imogene KleinI am so grateful for the update. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and love daily and will continue.6/14/21
- Vicki DavisYou've been on my heart and mind lately. Thanks for the update. Sending (gentle) hugs and prayers your way!6/14/21
- Marilyn McDermottThank you for the new information on Jan. I've been thinking about you, Jan, and praying for you. May the treatment and care you're getting keep on helping, and may all the love and good wishes sent your way do you good as well.6/13/21
- Ruth HolstThank you for the update. I am keeping her in my prayers daily.6/13/21
- Jan ThompsonThank you very much for this information. Jan, you are quite a fighter. Keep at it!!😁❤🌼6/13/21
- Cathy ZemrakThanks for the update. I’ve been wondering how she’s doing. So thankful that she has gained back the weight and has somewhat less pain. Prayers continue.6/13/21
- Dean KassThanks for the update. My kids all are wishing your continued progress Love. Dean6/13/21
- Leslie PawsonWe continue to pray for all of you. With much love! 💕6/13/21
- Renee LewisLove and inner strength are invaluable complements to the medical treatments. So good you have them all from friends, family and each other. And from us in the Lewis family Xo6/13/21