October 2, 2020
It is with heavy hearts we share this news. Sgt. Dennis Oliver passed away this morning. His wife, Tonie, and their two sons were with him. Please continue to pray for his family. We will provide more information on funeral arrangements as we receive them.
Help Dennis Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Dennis's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Aliece TurnerMy condolences to his wife, kids and all of Dennis family and friends. Dennis was my classmate we meet in the sixth grade and graduated high school together. He was a great friend I hate this happened. I'm praying God gives his family and friends strength to carry on.10/7/20
- Robert CollierMay God Bless Sgt. Oliver's family, our community has lost a wonderful individual. Blessings to the City and Officers of Highland Village. Prayers going up...10/7/20
- Lori BusbyI am so sorry for your loss. Praying for your family. Lori(HS classmate)10/4/20
- DeLoris ChevisMy family and I are so saddened to hear the news about Sergeant Oliver. We will be praying for his wife, sons and extended family.🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 We moved to Highland Village in 2003. Sgt. Oliver saw us outside and stopped to introduce himself. Such a kind and caring person. Over the years he would stop and let us know if our garage door was left opened late and if anything appeared not normal . He always did a wonderful job serving the community. We saw him so often over the years. Rest in Heaven Sir!🙏🏾❤️ Thank you for everything! The Chevis Family10/3/20
- Carrie HendersonI am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please know your husband and father died a hero. He will forever be missed.10/3/20
- Marty FranksDennis was one of the most incredible people my family has ever known! My children who are now in college have grown up with him since they were very young, and he was a mentor to them and an icon in our community. He has been to our home, was involved in so many community activities, always had the biggest smile of which I was so envious, and even gave me my first HV ticket years ago before I knew him well! My son cherishes an award that Officer Oliver brought him for his heroism a few years ago. This man truly had a heart of gold. My heart is breaking for Toni and his boys whom I know he so adored! May you never be forgotten, Dennis Oliver...rest in peace dear friend...keep watch over all of us from up there in heaven, and we will meet again some day! Prayers of peace and comfort for your entire family. Love, the Franks Family--Fred, Marty, Jacob and Rachel10/3/20
- Ellen MaherContinuing to pray10/3/20
- Dianne AshmoreHeavy hearts, for sure. Dennis was one-of-a-kind. God bless his family & provide them the comfort. Heart felt love for Tonie & boys. I will truly miss Dennis. I never knew when his smiling face would appear at my front door to say "hello" & ask how I was doing. I'm sure I'm one of many HV residents who experienced the love & concert of this fine man. Dianne Ashmore10/2/20