Mark’s Story

Site created on July 19, 2019

Two years ago Mark was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer with bone metastasis.  It is currently in his hip, ribs and femur.  
He has been through hard core chemotherapy and radiation.  
He has and continues to fight this disease very hard.  

Starting on Sunday he came down with a fever. We went to the emergency room and he was diagnosed with a UTI.  Antibiotics were administered and we were sent home.  On Tuesday we were contact by the hospital that he has Ecoli in his blood stream and needed to be hospitalized immediately.  

He was admitted to Chino Valley on Tuesday where he still is.  Today they finally changed his antibiotic because obviously the one was not working and he continued to have a fever. 

Due to his cancer, this infection is very serious.  

I have started using this web site to keep everyone up to date.  
We as a family were not prepared for such a sudden decline in his health, even though we should have been. 

We have been blessed with the last 2 years and have lived life with Mark to the fullest.  
Please understand how completely overwhelming this is for our family.  We also realize that you are just as concerned and want to be updated.  

I hope this helps us all stay connected and up to date.  

Addison and I are so blessed to have you all in our lives.  
Our older boys and their families are supporting us every minute of everyday but are struggling just as hard. 

If you call or text any of us, please understand that we are processing and coping and it may take some time to reply.  We will however reply to everyone.  

Check here daily as one of us will be sure to update. 

You can also leave messages here for us or Mark.  

Please pray for us all. Especially Mark, we need him to get better and come home.  

Thank you 🙏

Newest Update

Journal entry by Jennifer Hunter

So sorry it’s been so long.  We are facing serious struggles as the rest the world.  Ours being ours, just hits harder.
 We are not planning anything right now except getting through the day.  Mark has been on and off hospice the last couple of weeks.  

We both had Corona Virus and I could not get any help in my house for 2 week from doctors, nurses, insurance or private care. So I continued to be his sole care giver during that time.  We could not risk family or friends coming in.   During that time since he was my only focus morning, noon and night I got worse.  Finally had to admit I could not do it any longer as my breathing was being affected.  I spent 8 days in the hospital and 2x almost didn’t make it.   With the help of hospice, my mom and my kids, and Marks family, Mark kicked Covid’s ass.   I am home mostly bed bound and still on oxygen.  We got quarantine clearance from the county yesterday.  

Mark is on a chemo break right now.  We are concentrating  on keeping him eating, which he is not.  
By the events of the last few weeks, you can see we are still fighting and will not give up.  
October 6th he has an appt for a clinal trial which he will be considered for as long as he’s “healthy”.  

Thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers.

Patients and caregivers love hearing from you; add a comment to show your support.
Help Mark Stay Connected to Family and Friends

A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers Mark's site for one month. Will you make a gift to help ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?

Show Your Support

See the Ways to Help page to get even more involved.