He has been a resident at Sierra Ridge Memory Care in Auburn since July 20th. He is well cared for and with Hospice in, this is the best for his daily needs and comfort.
Prayers and good thoughts to him and the family.
Will continue to update. Colleen
Help Gary Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Gary's for one month. Your donation to CaringBridge will help keep this site online for them—and for you. And today only, in honor of Giving Tuesday, your gift can be doubled thanks to a generous gift from the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation.
Make your gift in honor of Gary before midnight tonight!
- Camille RyanColl,I just discovered this site. What a wonderful way for you to keep all who love Gary informed of his condition. I am so sorry you have to go through this once again Coll first with Mom and now with your beloved Gary. I wish for both you and Gary a real sense of peacefulness. If Kevin and I can do anything please don't hesitate to call. We love you both!12/31/18
- Patti LovelyGary you are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Colleen we are always here for you , and love you both very much.12/13/18
- Pat LucasThinking of you, Gary and the times we've had with you and Colleen. You were such a great support for her when she went through her cancer treatment. Thank you!12/12/18
- Colleen AndersenHello All, Gary is staying the same. At Sierra Ridge he has a caregiver with him most of the day, feeding him and staying with him when he is in the wheelchair. Sleeping occupies most of his either in bed or sitting up in the activity room. On the 19th is the Christmas Party Luncheon and our dear friends, Ken and Ruth are attending. I was able to take a day breather and took the train to Berkeley with dear friends for the day. Fourth Street was a hub of Christmas activity and a great lunch at Bette’s Diner. Long day, but a good good time.12/9/18
- Wendy ColesLittlepageHi Colleen, I am late joining your site for Gary but this is so helpful. Really loved the pic you posted on FB from Thanksgiving - you and Gary are on such a difficult journey but you still do find the happy moments.12/8/18
- Theo GoldenWe have so many fun memories of our times with you and Gary. And as we travel on more adventures we will hold those times dear, and hope that you, Miss Colleen will continue to join us. Thinking of you and Gary and praying for a gentle transition for him.12/6/18
- Sherilyn Young❤️ Dad and I have so many fond memories. Thanks Colleen for being his Wife.12/5/18
- Lisa Von waldI think of you two every day and wish for your comfort and peace. Love you.12/5/18
- Pat LucasKeeping you both in my prayers. Sending strength and perseverance.12/5/18
- Pamela AndersenKnow that you and Gary are in my prayers. Please let me know if I can help out in any way.12/5/18
- Jan MillerThank you for the update as I think of you both. Sending prayers and caring thoughts.12/5/18
- Ruth CaslerAll of our best wishes to sweet Gary and his loving wife Colleen. But what can you do? bear the sadness and hope for the best. We hope this difficult time passes peacefully for both of you. Colleen, you know to call whenever you are in need of help, dog sitting, a meal, a ride, company or a shoulder. We love you both, you are our Auburn family.12/4/18