We would like to invite you, Erin's community, to participate in a 24 hour prayer on Mother's Day, May 8th. You can imagine that, as both Mother's Day and the 1st anniversary since Erin's passing approaches, emotions are raw and terribly painful. We want to join together in prayer on the Selcher Family's behalf. Essentially, we seek to "pray them through" some difficult days ahead. As those who grieve a painful loss know all too well, special days and anniversaries often feel like a tidal wave of heartache. This is one small way for us to care for them.
Here are just a few things on the top of my head that you can pray for:
- The kids' comfort and willingness to talk openly about Erin, their memories of her, and their emotions when they think of her. (Cambre, Lane, Jesse, Mac, and TJ)
- Steve- wisdom for raising 5 kids without his partner, comfort when missing Erin, strength when feeling overwhelmed with the weight of grief and helping the kids cope with grief
- Erin's parents/step parents, Dana (& Holly) and Carol (& Sam), and Steve's parents, Sam and Carol
- Summer, the Selcher's au pair who is helping Steve to manage the kids and household
- Erin's close friends
- Peace and comfort for all of them when grief seems unbearable; hope for the future
- Joy in finding sweet ways to remember, honor, and celebrate Erin
Feel free to add more in the comments! HERE IS THE LINK TO SIGN UP FOR A 15 MINUTE SLOT!
Love to all the Hope Wagers!
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers Erin's site for one month. Will you make a gift to help ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?