April 19, 2021 - Monthly Update
I had a one-month checkup today at the Mayo Clinic - blood tests, and meetings with the Pharmacist, Nurse Practitioner, Fellow Doctor (in training) and Dr. Alkhateeb.
The blood test results were all good and I told them that I am feeling great! Dr. Alkhateeb said I should just stay on the same meds and keep doing what I’m doing. I will start getting my childhood vaccinations again (they were wiped out with my transplant), and I can have my first annual dental appointment again since 2019. This is progress!
I will have another phlebotomy (“blood letting”) in a few weeks at Methodist Hospital to reduce my iron levels) and another bone marrow biopsy, chest CT scan, and pulmonary function test at Mayo in late May or early June.
I have had both Moderna vaccination shots two weeks ago, so I was able to celebrate my Dad’s 96th birthday yesterday and hug him and my family for the first time in over a year! 🤗 ❤️ I have also played and walked 9 holes of golf five times (about 3 miles each) and walked 18 holes last Saturday (about 6 miles). My golf game sucks but I’m just happy to be back out there with my friends after missing all of last year! It’s so nice to feel “normal” again! 😁 Hope springs eternal for the future (a quote from The Magnificent Caregiver)!
Help Elaine Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Elaine's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Al LunaIt's so good to hear this news Elaine, what a blessing!4/22/21
- linda KraemerThis is really great news. Your upbeat positive outlook only strengthens your recovery. Thank you for keeping us updated and showing us how to approach adversity.4/22/21
- P&K DwyerAwwwww it just doesn't get any better! You two are most deserving of all things good. Every day is a gift. Congrats!!!4/21/21
- Kathy HerrildSuch great news Elaine. ♥️4/21/21
- Dodie RussellYeh great 😊4/21/21
- Norma SchwartzIt is so great to continue to hear the continuing success. Great job on the fight. And enjoy all you have ahead.4/20/21
- KAREN BAKERI am so happy to hear that you will soon be back to the retirement you deserve.4/20/21
- maureen koehnenFabulous news, Elaine! So relieved to hear that all is going so well for you, post transplant! Our prayers continue for you and Denny, always!🙏 Glad to hear that you have been on the golf course once again! 🥰⛳️4/20/21
- Paula WallerusAwesome news! Love it!4/20/21
- Nancy GillumWonderful news Elaine!❤️❤️❤️ Keep playing that golf and your walking! Love you Seeester!!4/20/21
- Peggy HerrmannSuch wonderful news!! I will be smiling all day.4/20/21
- Lynn LaBahnSo very happy to hear this!4/20/21
- Pat NelsonSoooooo glad to hear your Good News my dear......whata journey you two have been on......glad the end of the tunnel has appeared. Bless you both.4/20/21
- Marsha GronsethThat’s great news Elaine—looking forward to seeing you & Denny soon!4/20/21
- Peggy SmithThis all sounds great😀4/20/21
- Amy KeohaneSuch wonderful news Elaine! And it's been so fun to golf with you! So happy you can be with your family again and celebrate your Dad! Keep up the great job of taking good care of yourself!4/20/21
- Pete and Sandy BussYay this is great news! So happy you can start to enjoy golf again 🏌🏻♀️4/20/21
- Marlys DeanGreat news! Time to celebrate!4/20/21
- LAURIE REDINGThe good news continues!! Yay!!!! Jensen’s here we come😊4/20/21
- Renae HultgrenYAY!!4/20/21
- Diane HolkerSo happy for you Elaine!4/20/21
- Marlene CrofootAll is good, praise the Lord!4/20/21
- Lori Eicherso happy you are doing great !! Hugging family again and walking the golf course.. GREAT NEWS !!!4/20/21
- Nancy GrammensSuch fantastic news Elaine!! So very happy about all your test results and wonderful progress. How precious to spend special celebrating with your Dad and family. So excited for you getting back to golf. We would love to play with you guys sometime soon. Hope to see you soon. 💞💞4/20/21
- Katya GlozmanThanks for sharing the great news, Elaine! So happy to hear you are able to enjoy your favorite pastime :-)!4/20/21
- Bunny MeierGreat news. So glad your back on the course.4/20/21
- Mary RuhmeSuch Good news! Glad you're back on the golf course and feeling better!4/20/21
- Cory GundersonHURRAY for these blessings! HURRAY for healing!4/20/21