September 13, 2020
Journal Entry by Lisa DeRocher — September 13, 2020
The port and filter are gone! Chris and Dylan were in Omaha by 6am Friday for his surgery. The doctors said everything went well. Next month he’ll follow up with his neurosurgeon and then repeat scans with his oncologist in November.
The past year has been a roller coaster and I’m glad it is behind us. We could not have done it without the love and support from all of you and the amazing care he received at UNMC. He will have follow ups every 3 months but plans to live life to the fullest and as normal as possible. He has taught us the power of a positive mindset and to never give up. He advocated for himself and made sure his care team knew his goals. His strength gave us strength.
Thank you again!
Help Dylan Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Dylan's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Deb IsaacsonSo happy for you Dylan! Congratulations! A positive attitude means everything in the world for success! Keep up the fight!9/14/20
- Jen SchaeferWe love you all so much. We praise God for his countless blessings. A gigantic hug to you all!!! We will always hold you in our prayers.9/14/20
- Roberta Robinette-KassPrayer changes things!! So thankful for this wonderful outlook. God has big plans for you Dylan, go live your life large 🙏9/14/20
- Karen BrummAwesome 👏🏽 proud of Dylan & his testimony of determination & perseverance! God is good!9/13/20
- Nancy IsebrandGod is so good!9/13/20