“Jesus is already at the place He is calling us to go!”
We ended our Easter weekend with a beautiful Easter celebration at church and then Cody and I hit the road back to New Orleans to start his 9th of 40 Hyper Baric Oxygen Treatments (HBOT). As we were driving back, I kept thinking about what our pastor said during her sermon. She was talking about Mary Magdalene and the other Mary going to look at the tomb and what happened when they arrived and then what they were told about Jesus.
“The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.” So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.” Matt 25:5-10
As she talked about this story, she reminded us that Jesus is already at the place He is calling us to go! I love this so much. I picture Jesus sitting at each of those “places”…. patiently waiting for us to get there, greeting us with a gentle smile on His face and His hand outstretched ready to bring us alongside Him. I imagine that He has all the details perfectly worked out for our good and that as we move toward this new place, He is walking right alongside us.
Tonight at 2:15am is the 2-year mark of Cody’s accident. As I have thought about these past 2 years and the months leading up to it, the picture I have described above is exactly what we have experienced. God has been so gracious to sustain us, lead us, equip us, provide for us and confirm for us each “place” we have landed throughout this journey. He was there before Cody’s accident…already working out the details for Cody’s insurance to be in place. He was there at the best trauma center waiting for Cody with the best trauma doctor in San Diego next to him. He was already at the rehab hospitals making sure that Cody was placed at the best facilities with amazing doctors and therapists. He worked out the details of getting Cody transferred back to Houston and into the top neuro rehab hospital. And since we have been home, He has gone before us leading us to doctors who do the most amazing work with brain injuries and who choose to walk hand in hand with Him. He has been there to celebrate our victories and to lift our chins when we are discouraged. He has made the rough places smooth, and He has paved the way for Chris and I to be there every step of the way in Cody’s recovery.
As I look forward to what is ahead for Cody in this next year, I will hold onto this sweet picture of Jesus already being “there” ….waiting on us and working out all the details for Cody’s good.
Update on New Orleans and HBOT:
- Cody has done 10 out of 40 HBOT treatments. I have been journaling each day of any changes that Cody might feel or experience. I think his walking is better, his face is more even and his voice much clearer. Today, he told Dr. Harch that we was able to stretch out his left arm while lying in the chamber. Dr. Harch was very happy about this and feels very optimistic that this therapy will continue to show great progress. It is very hard to predict if HBOT will help with tone and spasticity so the fact that Cody could do this so early in his treatments was very exciting.
- By the way….Dr. Harch is AMAZING. He has a passion for what he does and He has no doubt that God has directed his path to this very work.
- We are staying in the garage apartment of my friend's dad in Luling, LA (18 minutes from Cody’s doctor) and it is absolutely lovely. We are in an area that we can go for walks, swim and feel like we are home.
- We are eating some amazing food and meeting wonderful people.
- That Cody’s body will respond to HBOT is the most miraculous ways.
- That any damaged areas in Cody’s body will be repaired permanently and restored perfectly.
- Travel safety as we drive back and forth each weekend.
Thank you for your prayers!!
Krista, Chris and Cody