Getting My Mojo Back
Journal Entry by Claudia Ward — December 16, 2019
I had the most exciting morning with my daughter, Katrina. We put our fitness level to the test at the Hot Chocolate 5k race in downtown Phoenix and we had a blast! That might seem like an oxymoron but for those of you who know me and my competitive nature, heart disease and breast cancer are not keeping me from lacing up my running shoes. Nowadays, it is more like trotting, but hey, it has only been five months after my most recent surgery. Long gone are the days of setting a new personal best time or placing in my age group. Now, it is about being grateful to God for another day of living cancer free and having the physical ability to simply run. And being able to do so in a race environment with my daughter helped to make me feel like I am getting my mojo back! By the way, I need to brag about Katrina because she finished 3rd in her age group (20-24) out of 214 young women. How awesome is that? Seeing her so surprised and excited made my heart happy and made getting up at 5:30 am on a Sunday so worthwhile. While there is no age group award for me (no surprise there), just getting another chance to create such fun memories with my daughter doing what we both love to do made me feel like a champion!
Help Claudia Stay Connected to Family and Friends
A $30 donation to CaringBridge powers a site like Claudia's for one month. Will you make a gift to ensure that this site stays online for them and for you?
- Lynn BagnallThat’s definitely a meaningful early Christmas gift for both of you!12/16/19
- Jeanine Marie AustinYou are both amazing and inspirational!! I am so happy for you!12/16/19
- Don HalversonKnew that competitive spirit wouldn't keep you down for long. Looks like your daughter is a chip off the old block!12/16/19
- Barbara HalvorsonCongratulations Claudia that is the best news ever for both of you.12/16/19
- Jim CaseyDear Sweetie, Thanks for posting again and thanks for the wonderful photos you are sharing with everyone here. I was glad to hear after the race that both of you did so well! And I have news for you.... you always have had your mojo and you always have had your heyday! In fact, talking to you every day is a heyday! ;) Congratulations to you and Katrina, again, and I will see you very soon! :) Love, Me12/16/19
- Michael BurrussWow that is so awesome 👏 Way to go!!!12/16/19