A Reschedule & an All Is Well
Just a quick update for those of you who read our last post.
Callaway's surgery has been postponed until the 24th. Her surgeon had something else come up and needed to reschedule, and this was the next best date. We were definitely disappointed as we are more than ready to get this tube and tape off of her face. However, all else is smooth sailing right now. Baby girl continues to put on weight, make developmental gains, and impress her genetics team.
She loves to bounce in her Jolly Jumper, babble really loudly and really all-the-time, take naps in her grandmas' arms, and wake up in her crib when she can sense her mom and dad are having a nice evening in front of the fireplace without her. 😉
Her team keeps emphasizing their surprise that she hasn't had to be hospitalized this winter, and chalks it up to a whole bunch of isolation with a side of Calla resilience. Or maybe the other way around? We are so grateful Luke can work from home -- both for the extra time he gets to spend with our girl, and for the added benefit of reducing risk. In addition to that, our parents' occupations allow for a lot of flexibility/work-from-home, so Calla gets to play with all of her grandparents as well.
We'll write again post-surgery, but we expect it to go great and be back home in no time.
Carina & Luke & Calla True
P.S. See attached photo for Calla having a chat with her Neema while food goes into her belly via tube! Yay for multitasking!
Show your love and support for Callaway.
Make a donation to CaringBridge to keep Callaway’s site up and running.