Minor setback...Alyssa will not be discharged today. She is having a lot of post-operative pain from her port placement yesterday. The IV dilaudid is not helping that much, and to go home, she has to be on an oral dose (which is less effective than IV). It was totally her call on whether or not to move to oral dose and she just decided she didn’t want to leave the hospital while she is in this much pain. I totally agree. The good news is, post-op pain is on a fairly predictable timetable and she should feel a lot better in 24 hours. So, we can knockout all the discharge stuff today (consults with pharmacy, home health, PT, etc) and then tomorrow when she’s ready to go, we can just leave. Stay tuned.