Wilson Bledsoe

First post: Sep 7, 2019 Latest post: Sep 21, 2021
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.

Around 10am on Friday 9/6/19 Wilson was in a motorcycle accident involving a van that had a blowout on NB 35E. Wilson was wearing a helmet though it did not cover his full face and mainly protected his brain. He was taken to Medical City Denton by EMS at 10:25am. It took law enforcement a while to find his wallet to identify him and contact next of kin, and Nancy received a call from law enforcement around 2pm informing the family of the accident.

Upon arrival to the ER they did an emergency tracheotomy and the CT showed a small brain bleed. His face suffered significant trauma in the crash resulting in multiple fractures. He was admitted to the ICU after initial stabilization. The initial main concerns were oxygen deprivation from time of accident through medical intervention (though he has had some responses since then that really have encouraged everyone about his brain functioning) and facial bleeding that they had a difficult time getting under control. The facial bleeding began to resolve just before 5pm.

Wilson’s girlfriend, Sara was the first to arrive at the ICU around 2:30pm and was joined shortly thereafter by Wilson’s mother, Lesa. Friends and relatives arrived steadily after that providing comfort and support to the family in the waiting area.

They placed a bolt in his brain to monitor his intracranial pressure around 6pm, though at that time pressure looked good. He became stable enough for them to perform 37 X-rays to determine the precise nature of the damage to his face as well as where he has broken bones elsewhere in his body. There were concerns about circulation to his left foot, which they knew was broken before X-rays were even done, as the blood flow and color to the foot were very poor which could lead to him losing the foot if not resolved.

By 8pm on 9/6/19 they were able to take him off of the constant blood transfusions which was a very positive and relieving sign though the next few days will be very touch and go as it relates to his recovery.

Our family has already been so surrounded with love, support, prayers, good vibes, and well wishes from family and friends in this scary time and we could not be more grateful for our tribe.

We are scared but hopeful at this time.