Waylon Novak | CaringBridge

Waylon Novak

First post: Sep 4, 2018 Latest post: Sep 18, 2018
On Sunday September 2nd I(Breanne) was attempting to start a bonfire with no luck so Waylon came over with a little gas in an ice cream pail.  The moment Waylon started to tip the pail he realized there was a crack in the pail and by that time it was already too late, the pail drip ignited the fire.  While attempting to drop the pail the gas came back at him igniting his sleeveless shirt.  In panic mode he started running and patting to put the fire out eventually pulling his shirt off.  By that time his jeans were on fire which is when he stopped, dropped and rolled extinguishing majority of the flames.  We headed to St. Cloud Hospital where they said he needed to be seen at HCMC Burn Unit.  He has burns on his whole right arm, right torso stomach/back and right thigh.  The majority of the burns are 3rd degree and will need to have skin grafts in the days ahead.  Doctors are telling us he’s going to be at HCMC for a few more weeks with a long road to recovery.  We do ask that all visits go through me first as this is a very strict locked unit due to cause of infection.  I know people want to show their support, but the hospital would like limited visitors.  Smocks and gloves have to be worn by visitors at all times in his room.  Just an FYI...no flowers, plants, or balloons are allowed in the Burn unit.  If food is brought into his room it can’t leave his room.  Sorry to leave all these rules, but infection is critical.  We appreciate  your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.  
SVG_Icons_Back_To_Top
Top