Wade Wehri

First post: Jan 17, 2018 Latest post: Dec 2, 2018
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.

As many of you know Wade had been in the hospital right after Christmas for about 10 days. He was diagnosed with corona virus, pneumonia and pleural effusion (fluid around the lung) on the left side. He was monitored in Lima and then was flown to Parkview where he had a chest tube for 4 days to drain that fluid off his lung. At that time they removed his chest tube and continued to monitor the fluid. He eventually stopped having fevers and the fluid amount had not changed in size so the doctors felt he was safe to go home. We came home on Jan 5. He had a follow up appointment with his pediatrician on Jan 9th and that morning he was very irritable and fussy and crying. They did a repeat chest x-ray and called his doctors at Parkview who had just treated him. They wanted him to come back to the hospital. We went back to Parkview and they did a thoracentesis, where they just go and drain the fluid around his lung because his chest X-ray had shown that is pleural effusion was a little bit larger than his previous X-ray from when he was in the hospital the last week. They gave him Motrin and Tylenol for his fevers that had come back and for pain. When his Motrin kicked in, you wouldn't even know the child was sick. He is so happy and playful! The next day they did a chest x-ray and still showed remaining fluid and the docs were not sure where the pockets were so they wanted to get a CT scan with contrast to find the pockets so they could see if they could drain the fluid.  The results of this CT scan has forever changed our lives but especially his. They found a mass on his left lung and a mass in his abdomen. He would need to be transferred to a children's hospital for further workup. So on Thursday Jan 11 we were transferred to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. He has had a PICC line placed for the multiple blood draws that he will have, biopsy of his mass in his abdomen, biopsy of the fluid around his lung, bone marrow biopsy. After multiple days of waiting for the results Wade has been diagnosed with High Risk Neuroblastoma Cancer, Stage M. He has already started his chemotherapy treatments and so far is tolerating them well. We thank you all for the love and support through this difficult time. Please keep the prayers coming. He is a happy, STRONG boy and we will power through this. 

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Wade’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register