Currently Vic is Clinical Director at the Alive Wellness Center in-patient program for people working towards mental health well-being. He is also President of Health Factors where he leads a team of clinical researchers whose focus is keeping abreast of the latest findings in the field of advanced behavioral science. The goal of the Health Factors team is to increase the effectiveness and accessibility of treatment for people who want to overcome their mental health struggles and relationship fractures. These findings have been implemented in the following:
- Alive for Wellness (http://aliveforwellness.com/
) is a program developed to help people overcome their mental health struggles using a unique comprehensive multi-strategy approach combined with web 2.0 technologies.
- My Outcomes.com (http://www.myoutcomes.com/
) is a clinical tool that enables counselors and therapists to improve their effectiveness and increase client success in achieving therapeutic goals. MyOutcomes also includes FIT eLearning, a series of learning modules that increase therapist competencies and qualifies as continuing education credits.
Health Factors which is internationally recognized for its mental health products used in 23 countries by both private and government clinics, insurance companies, and university clinical training programs. Health Factors has received the following awards and recognition:
- The United Kingdom Medipex NHS Innovation Award (http://blog.myoutcomes.com/myoutcomes-wins-national-innovation-award-uk-implementation/
) for the field of mental health and well-being in 2016.
- Placed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s(SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
- Benjamin Franklin publishing awards for three publications.
- Approved as a supplier of mental health products to the US military and is used on more than seven military bases.
- Selected as a partner with the Mental Health Commission of Canada to promote guidelines for mental health in the workplace.
In his 35-year career, Vic also served as the CEO and publisher of the Alive Publishing Group, a health publishing company with distribution on three continents. One of their publications, the Alive Journal, introduced columns and feature articles covering “Men and Emotion” and “Emotional Intelligence”. This publication drew a readership of over 1 million readers each month.
Vic was also the President of Columbia Group, a management consulting firm that focused on workplace Human Resources and stress management training.