Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.
On Wednesday evening, November 6, our son Joshua was seriously injured in a cooking fire in our house. He bravely protected our two dogs and put out the fire before it caused damage beyond the kitchen, but not before sustaining 2nd and 3rd-degree burns on 27% of his body. He was flown by emergency medical helicopter to Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC, where he was admitted to the Burn Intensive Care Unit.
Joshua aspires to be a chef and is part of the culinary program at his local high school. He visited the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY on his birthday this August, where he hopes to attend one day. He often cooks dinner for us and his specialty dish is cream cheese stuffed burgers on a bed of caramelized onions with baked asparagus. His first custom dish at age 13 was sausage rolls made with homemade phyllo dough. Cooking is his therapy, he often says. He was doing what he loves for the people he loves when this accident happened.
Thank you for visiting and for sharing your prayers, words of encouragement, and strength. We read each one and it holds us together.