I regretfully have to inform you that Teri is not feeling well. She was recently diagnosed with a tumor on her pancreas. This coming Wednesday she will be biopsied to see if its cancerous. Until then we'll not know for sure but her doctors do believe it is. Sometime after Wednesday (Thursday or Friday) we'll find out the result of the biopsy.
Three months ago, Teri was experiencing an upset stomach. She went to her doctor and was given anti-acid pills and told that it would take a week or two to clear. Well she did feel some relief but it did not clear. Teri's normal habit is to bear through discomfort and get through it.
We were looking forward to our cruise and she was too busy getting ready for it to stop to see the doctor again. During the cruise she was experiencing pain when trying to eat. She lost 5 lbs on the cruise. The day after we came back we saw her doctor. She immediately sent her to get a CT scan. That is when we found out about the tumor.
We are anxiously waiting for Wednesday to come so we can find out our next course of action.
Please send good thoughts and prayers for her best possible outcome.....
sent Aug 29
We met with a medical oncologist Doctor at University medical center today. He ran thru what to expect; Chemo for 6 months then 6 weeks of recovery then surgery.
We are very tired/depressed this evening. Tomorrow I'll get a more detailed and informative email out.
Sent August 30th
we met with the U of Minnesota 'Dr Greeno yesterday afternoon. The meeting took place before the final pathology report has been received. So this is all conditional on that report being what 'Dr Greeno thinks it will report. But this action plan is to tee up the appointments necessary ahead of time. They can be cancelled if the report directs a different direction.