Deno Kubena Healing Love for Deno

First post: Aug 2, 2020 Latest post: Jun 20, 2021
We are using this site to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your healing words of support, hope and encouragement.
Thank you for visiting. ❤️❤️❤️

A single event can change the course of your life and you may never see it coming. On July 21, 2020 Deno suffered a large, right sided, posterior cerebral artery (PCA) stroke.

Below is just a brief description of what she has been through. We will do our best to keep everyone updated through this challenging road ahead of her.

JULY 21, 2020
Deno was able to call Jacki Tuesday night noting that she wasn’t feeling well.  Jacki went over and had to break into house as door was locked.  She then found Mom pretty confused and out of it.  Ambulance called, Mom transferred to Duluth for evaluation:  was found to have a subarachnoid hemorrhage (brain bleed).  Spoke with emergency dr and was told that the source could possibly be “spontaneous” (high blood pressure) or possibly an aneurysm.  Mom was flown to St Cloud for specialized care because these types of bleeds are now treated by catheters placed through the blood vessel.  Drain tube was placed for the bleeding and surgery was successful.  Dr’s trying to determine the source of the bleeding . 

JULY 22, 2020
Deno had angiography surgery (through blood vessel in groin, threaded up to brain) today but the aneurysm could not be safely closed in this fashion due to size and proximity to another major vessel. So she will have another surgery tomorrow where they will open up the skull (craniotomy) , directly visualize the problem area then ‘clip’ it (put a specialized staple around it).
Of course these are intricate surgeries where unexpected things could occur. Apparently the abnormality is on the right side of brain (which controls left side of body and spoken speech). The fact that she was moving all limbs and able to talk on arrival to st cloud seems good news to me regarding prognosis.

JULY 23, 2020
Deno’s craniotomy went well. It was scheduled for 4-5 hours, and took around 7. Apparently it took two clips to stop the bleed. Now we wait and see what happens after swelling peaks at 72 hours after surgery. Hopefully she wakes up. She is moving her right side fingers and toes on command, but is very weak on the left side. She also can shake her head “no” when asked is she’s in any pain. Thank you all for your prayers.