Debbie to many of us embodies wisdom and care. She tenaciously fights for what she believes in and loves her family deeply. Two years ago, Debbie began noticing some concerning symptoms. After undergoing a year of testing, she was diagnosed with ALS. ALS is a degenerative neurological disease that deteriorates the muscles quickly.
If you’ve been to Debbie and Paul’s house lately you’ll notice their home full of at least a hundred sticky notes with bible verses about God’s faithfulness. Debbie is aware that each breath she has is a gift from God. She and Paul are praying for healing for her body.
We cannot ignore the growing need Debbie and Paul have for support. Some friends and family have already rallied around them in prayer and care. However, as Debbie’s illness progresses, they need even more care. Debbie is finding it harder and harder to breath, eat or drink and have energy to get around. We want to make it more possible for Paul and Debbie to spend their time together.
So what can you do?
2. Volunteer your time (yardwork, cleaning, cooking, admin help) - under "ways to help" there is a calendar
3. Prepare a meal or purchase groceries (meal train)
4. Give financially to help cover medical costs (https://www.gofundme.com/als-debbies-medical-expenses
5. Follow this website for updates
6. Post pictures and words of affirmation about who Debbie is to you
7. And then PRAY again
More information on ALS can be found here: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Amyotrophic-Lateral-Sclerosis-ALS-Fact-Sheet