Steve Rueckert

First post: Jan 31, 2020 Latest post: Feb 3, 2020
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting. Tuesday morning Steve went outside and felt a pop in his chest. He passed it off, as most of us would, as the cold hitting his lungs. The next was very dizzy and his chest hurt. He thought he might have pneumonia, so he went into the clinic in the afternoon. There they checked his lungs which showed to be clear. However, his systolic pressure (the top number of blood pressure) was only 85. So, they highly suggested the emergency room. We drove down to Robbinsdale North Memorial. There they did a number of tests. When they did the angiogram they found there was no heartattack and his arteries were clear. But, they could see that his heart was not working right so they put a balloon in it to help support the work it was doing. From there he went into the ICU and from there things went south. He eventually ended up in sedation and intubated. At that time they did an eco cardiogram. That is when they saw that his mitral valve had collapsed (I'm sure there is a better way to say that). So they planned on immediate surgery in morning. That night was rough! From trying to balance his sedation and blood pressure and his heart going into heart failure he struggled. Finally, 7:30 Thursday morning he went into surgery and Dr. King put in a new valve. Before the surgery I told Dr. King that he had many people praying for him and he brought me over to Steve and he prayed over him. He prayed in the name of the Lord Jesus that he would be healed, that we, his family, would be comforted, and that He would give him wisdom. I believe that is when God put a peace in my heart that passes all understanding! He is in control and not just for His Glory (because that is all He would have to do), but also for our good! It went well. The new valve was a success. However, afterwards they could not control the bleeding coming out of his chest tubes so they had to go back in and clear up the issue. Now he is on the his way to coming home even more healthy and strong than before all of this! We are so overwhelmed with thankfulness for those of you that have been praying and checking in!