Feb 27, 2017 Latest post:
Mar 15, 2017
Dad began having Chest pain, left arm pain and sweating on Sat Feb 25 at 2pm. We brought him to the Emergency Department and he was admitted for observation to make sure that he wasnt having a heart attack. As the evening went on, at 7pm we got the news that indeed he was having a heart attack. He was started on a blood thinner and some medication to hopefully relieve the 8/10 chest pain that he had been having since 200 pm. No intervention needed at this time per the dr since the EKG still looked good. He continues to have 8/10 chest pain and at 1100 pm his blood levels came back that he was continuing to still have the heart attack. The dr said we will wait until morning and talk to cardiology. I faught hard to get him to surgery, but the dr refused to come in. At 840 Sunday morning the heart dr came in and told us he needed immediate surgery which we knew. They were pretty sure he was having a posterior heart attack which was why his EKG was not changing. Within the hour he was in the procedure. About 30 minutes later we were told that the stent they were planning on placing was not going to work, and that he needed emergent open heart triple bypass. Away he went to the OR, 5 hours later we were told that they actually had to do a quadruple bypass and that not only were all the vessels bad but the heart looked terrible too. Please pray with us and follow us here on this journey.