May 14, 2020 Latest post:
May 22, 2020
Welcome to Solomon's Caring Bridge website.
ADMIN: Hi, this site will be used to keep family and friends updated during Solomon's Journey through his transplant. Updates will be made during the time of his surgery and recovery as Solomon's family will be concentrating on Solomon and his donor, Johnny.
Below is a mixture of posts from Taylor's Facebook page to give background information (some updates were made to reflect the new surgery date)
May 2020 marks 32 months since our lives stalled and crashed.
32 months since we learned he is sick, terminal sick.
32 months since we were told transplant/s are the only option of treatments until they discover a cure.
32 months of Solomon being hooked up to a machine every other day for 4 hours to live.
32 months of logistics of getting him to and from treatment.
32 months of splitting his care with his 2 siblings.
32 months since we saw the beauty in this hurt, and began collecting every silver lining we could hold and oddly enough felt rich
I have specific pray requests to guide our warriors:
1. For safety of Johnny and John (Johnny's Dad/my brother) traveling down for final cross match next week. (UPDATE: They have arrived safe)
2. For safety as Johnny's Mother (Mitzi) his twin sister (Hannah) and his girlfriend (Stephanie) travel next week closer to the surgery. (UPDATE: They have arrived safe)
3. For JOHNNY AND SOLOMON. FOR SAFE TIME OF RECOVERY IN A HOSPITAL AMIST THIS PANDEMIC.
4. For our anxiety and fear as parents, I am not sleeping very well.
5. For the skill and guidance of both kidney councils, and our surgeons.
6.For immunosuppression, we will be in the hospital for about 2 weeks getting everything straight with his new meds, and convincing the body our new precious gift of life is something we don't need to attack. MESSING WITH HIS IMMUNE SYSTEM IS A BIG SCARY THING TO ME!!! Especially in these times.
7. For us to see the blessing beyond the fear.
8. For this kidney to operate quickly and the ability to remove the ports from his heart. HE WILL GET HIS FIRST REAL SHOWER IN OVER 2 1/2 YEARS (vs spongebaths)!!! HE IS READY to be able to have water on his chest, to take a real bath, too submerge in water...a luxury we healthy take for granted.
9. For his brothers, who worry and pray for him. Give them a peace that he is being taken care of and he will be home soon. For all our family that will be with us in spirit.
10. Though we know Solomon has a terminal disease and this will not cure it, we pray that this transplant treatment will last long past the "numbers" given to us. That his new kidney will last 20 +years until he has to start again...OR until they find a cure!!!
11. That both Gleason and I can be there with him during surgery...then we will take turns....but please please please let us both be able to be with him to pray before surgery!!
****FOR ALL THE FRONTLINE WORKERS THAT ARE PROVIDING HELP TO US ALL IN A PANDEMIC OR NOT****