Mar 27, 2020 Latest post:
Apr 23, 2020
On Friday March 20th, Scott woke up with a fever of 101 and chills. No cough, no shortness of breath. Over the next 5 days he fluctuated from no fever to a fever of 101. He felt well enough to do a little remote work but was tired and generally not feeling well. He sequestered in our bedroom. On Wednesday March 25, Scott had increased chills and aches but was doing okay until the afternoon. Then the virus became much more aggressive very quickly. Within two hours he developed a cough, his fever spiked to 104.5, he became delirious and was not really aware of his surroundings. I took him to University Hospital Anschutz. His oxygen was at 60 when he arrived. They quickly hooked him up to oxygen and his o2 stats came back up to 90. He was back to being alert and able to clearly communicate. The doctor's immediately suspected COVID19. His chest x-ray showed bilateral pneumonia. His blood pressure and ekg were normal. Decision was made to quickly intubate him. I've been told this will be a long road. No visitors are allowed at the hospital which is extremely difficult but understandable given our current health crisis. I am getting a daily update from the doctor sometime between 10-2pm. I will do my best to keep everyone updated via this site.