Phyllis Flanagan Phyllis Flanagan

First post: Sep 13, 2018 Latest post: Sep 17, 2018
Welcome to our CaringBridge website. We are using it to keep family and friends updated in one place. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. Thank you for visiting.

On Thursday September 6th 2018, mom was brought to the ER for possible pneumonia, her labs were okay but her atrial fibrillation was out of control. She was admitted and seemed to be making progress until early Sunday morning when they moved her to ICU to manage the atrial fibrillation on an amiodorone drip . Sunday was up and down and her blood pressure kept dropping so they decided to place an arterial line to have more accurate pressures. Seemed after that she greatly improved. On Monday I chose to go to work left her about 1130 am and all was good . That night around 9pm my daughter called and said she vomited so they had planned to place a nasogastric tube and of course I was concerned so I left work and came to the hospital where she was. When I arrived I was in shock , her breathing was horrible and eventually they decided to place her on a ventilator. Now as of 10 am Wednesday morning she’s still on the vent, we are awaiting the kidney doctor to decide if she needs dialysis due to declining kidney function so they are going to leave her on the vent until we can see if the kidneys improve. Please keep her and all of us Donna Traci and of course the boys in your prayers but more importantly lease pray for a speedy and full recovery for my precious mom as she is our rock and we need all the prayers we can get. Thanks so much, Denise