Updated Nov 8th
- scan from 10/31 showed liver tumor has grown to 8cm (5 cm 6 weeks ago) and multiple new spots on liver (over ten),
- new spots in abdomen, lungs and kidney,
- kidney experiencing some blockage
- we feel like we are in shock and disbelief once again, but we hold onto the promises of God. Even when the storm seems to have gotten worse. In our flesh our faith seems to flee for the moment as the wind gets knocked out of our sails. So we return to god's promises, remind ourselves he is in control, seek his presence thru his word, worship and prayer, surrender our kids and our lives again, and ask our friends to pray with us once again. Humbled by being powerless over my own body but not powerless to the enemy wanting to steal god's glory.
Updated 10/15 prayer requests below
From 8/13 prayer gathering: peter and jessica sharing of how they found out and how to prayer: FF past worship to 13 min markhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezwnjiu6Ftc
beginning of August, I was given a Stage 4 Colon Cancer Diagnosis with 20% chance to live after a year and on 10/10 was told 6 to 12 months.
Even though the initial prognosis is very tough we have a lot of hope. We are asking for Prayers as we enter this new journey. Prayers for complete healing, discernment and strength. Prayer for our kids and Jessica. Above all pray the God is glorified through this journey - God is good.
On aug 4 I had a 9 cm tumor on my colon and a 1 in tumor in my liver. (8/14 clarified diagnoses as Cecil (small intestine) cancer which had same affects.
The tumor was aggressive growing at a rate of doubling every 60 days. After two rounds of chemo and 2 er visits it was determined surgery was needed to remove large tumor on 10/9. The good news of the surgery was that 1) no spots on abdomen which were expected 2) had to cut off less stomach and back muscle than expected 3) right testicle was saved (which was expected to be lost)
The bad news was three more spots was seen on liver and as a result was a diagnosis of 6-12 months to live
Facts of cancer are not truth from God - some hard news - (https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/peterwohler/journal/view/id/59e29e89039023bc6e8b4799
Journal entry by Petrr Wohler — 10/14/2017
Facts of cancer are not truth from God - some hard news - should return home Sunday to recover from surgery
On Friday we met with our oncologist. Even though the surgery got the tumor out, the new spots on liver show an aggressive cancer. The pathology report shows the chemo does not have an effect on the cancer. So currently they are not recommending going forward with chemo.
As a result our oncologist is predicting seeing the body be overcome by the cancer in 12 months on the top end. It was a hard report to hear.
We have shared this with our kids. We walk in the reality the cancer cells exists and currently aggressive. But god is our rock, he has ordained our days, and even my days are 51 years he can make them longer as Hezekiah’s life was extended 15 years. We know he can, we hope he does but if he doesn't he is a good god. He is my god, Christ Jesus my redeemer, my atonement, my beloved and my king. I have dedicated my life to serve no matter the number of my days.
We will continue to pray for a miracle - while planning a possible funeral.
Our oncologist is seeking out possible new experimental treatments from Mayo Clinic, and we are open to these. I will continue a high alkaline diet. I will seek out natural alternatives. I'll do whatever earthly possible to fight.
And when I am weak he is strong.
I will continue to seek God's direction, seek out full supernatural healing from god.
One of the blessings of this health crisis is to truly live day by day, appreciate each moment with my kids and Jessica, to have comfort in holding Jessica's hand and looking in her eyes. Hunger for times of worship and hunger for words from the Bible, praying and talking of god's kingdom with friends. Give god praise and seek to give his glory. Share of his goodness and having Jesus as my redeemer and the good news that he offers relationship to all with anyone that will listen.
The gospel, the good news, that the creator of the universe has sent his son as the messiah, to die on a cross as our atonement (substitute) that we can have full freedom and relationship with god thru simply believing in him as the sacrifice for our sins and receiving him to be the lord of our lives. No hoops, no external motions, no wallowing in shame. Just love and forgiveness thru the grace of our maker. No man could have birthed this story.
So the human facts point to the words "6 to 12 months" and that maybe so. I might die in the car on the way home from the hospital. But I will continue to walk in the truths of God. My rock and fortress - He is in control not cancer.
I'm more scared and more confident God is right here more than ever. I need your prayers now more than ever.
Thank you thank you thank you for all the prayers, prayer flags, cards, help with kids, the house, gifts and gift cards, and comments. U will never know how much they mean.
This news has been the conduit of an awakening of deep connection with God. I can't tell you how powerful that is in the daily up and down emotions
Iosa mo dochus amhain
Jesus my hope only
Specific ways to pray:
· Kids, Jessica and myself emotions, mind and spirit with the new facts - and remembering it's not god's truth
· God will be glorified every day. That I would be used for more fruit of god's kingdom.
· Discernment and direction for treatments going forward
· Recovery from surgery in next few weeks as I return home Sunday from hospital
· My immune system and recovery from surgery (should go home Sunday)
· Cancer must go - tumors in liver, cancer cells left in margin of muscles from surgery cutting away large tumor
· Cancer must go - completely throughout body - with any small micro cells in body
· Hezekiah’s 15+ years (god gave Hezekiah 15 more years after he was on deathbed). 15 years or more to my life
Prayer Gatherings and prayer flags
Being with friends, worshiping Jesus and praying for healing is my hearts deep desire right now. We plan to have a weekly weekend evening gathering at Merge along with times at our home as well. We would love friends to come pray and be with us - or join us video conference. We will post them
thank you for your prayers.
Peter - Iosa mo docus amen (Jesus my hope only)