From 8/13 prayer gathering: peter and jessica sharing of how they found out and how to prayer: FF past worship to 13 min markhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezwnjiu6Ftc
beginning of August, I was given a Stage 4 Colon Cancer Diagnosis with a 9 cm tumor on my colon and a 1 in tumor in my liver. (8/14 clarified diagnoses as Cecil (small intestine) cancer which had same affects. Even though the initial prognosis is very tough we have a lot of hope. We are asking for Prayers as we enter this new journey. Prayers for complete healing, discernment and strength. Prayer for our kids and Jessica. Above all pray the God is glorified through this journey - God is good.
Prayer Gatherings. Being with friends, worshiping Jesus and praying for healing is my hearts deep desire right now. We plan to have a weekly weekend evening gathering at Merge along with times at our home as well. We would love friends to come pray and be with us - or join us video conference. 1st one 8/13 is listed below and the rest we will post in journal.
This news has been the conduit of an awakening of deep connection with God. I can't tell you how powerful that is in the daily up and down emotions.
thank you for your prayers.
Peter - Iosa mo docus amen (Jesus my hope only)
Please pray - Details
- gods presence, connection and intimacy. To not be overcome with fear or worst case scenario thoughts. Keep overwhelming emotions in check and replaced by god's presence. Pray for hope and that Jesus would be glorified
- clear word of how to go forward with a treatment plan: wading thru the lots of naturalist research. Drs so far are suggesting chemo (12-36 weeks) in order to shrink 9cm tumor to 50% and then surgically remove it as well and remove liver tumor. Currently we are thinking that we will give ourselves to intense prayer, as we do natural/ immune loading nutrition. As well as set a date in September (4-6 weeks) and if the tumors have not responded begin chemo.
- kids - as they process that we would communicate well and they would have a confidence god is bin control. Pray against fear and anxiety - Activities this month before school starts including going to boundary waters with hosea. Jim Jackson is coming to lead trip. we need one more to join us at the end of the month.
- jessica: as she continues to do therapy and sees drs for recovery from a tramatic brain injury
Specific prayers for body and treatment options
- "cancer must go" both tumors (9cm Colin tumor and 1in liver tumor) would completely dissolve and be gone and any cancer in lymohnods gone
- 9cm tumor needs to shrink 50% before they want to remove it. It's most likely attached to stomach and back muscles. Pray the cancer cells that are attached to muscle walls and any other organs die and this is visible.
- sleep and body comfort. It's starting to get hard to sleep at night. Pray that the bowels flow well and pain in body and around stomach be minimized.