Patricia Bobier

First post: Jun 25, 2018 Latest post: Dec 14, 2018
June 25, 2018
Hello to all of Pat's and my friends. It is difficult to respond to the many many friends who are concerned and asking for updates to Pat's condition. Hopefully we can post updates here for all to see just by checking in once in a while.
Saturday morning Pat went with two friends Cynthia and Jarrid to an area East of Aylmer for a training bike ride. They go to that area to train on hills since the only hills we have are the overpasses on 401.
The exact circumstances of the accident are still pretty sketchy and I may get some details wrong. 
Pat and Jarrid somehow got tangled up on a metal bridge. It was raining so very slippery. I think Jarrid went down and Pat tried to miss him. Pat hit something and flew over the handlebars landing on the metal grating of the bridge face first. I understand that Jarrid has lots of cuts, scrapes and bruises and some broken fingers.
Cynthia came upon the scene and called 911 also getting some assistance from a couple who were driving by.
The ambulance came and took them to Tillsonburg hospital and soon after Pat was transferred to LHSC in London because of her severe head injury.
Cynthia called husband Ralph who called me with the message that there had been an accident. As I was getting close to London Cynthia called me and told me Pat had been transferred to London so I was at LHSC before the ambulance arrived.
By this time I knew that it was serious. My brother Neil and daughter Christina were with me when the ambulance arrived.
Pat has been kept in an unconscious state and has a breathing tube all to keep her very still and quiet. Saturday was a myriad of tests, x-rays, scans etc.
She has a broken nose, two other broken bones around her left eye, a broken tibia just below her left knee and a pretty smashed up left hand. 
She will also have a severe concussion (Again!!) She now has 56 stitches from the end of her nose up to her hairline
Yesterday she was maintained in the same state. Every couple hours they do a test of her awareness by shutting the drug off that keeps her sleeping.
She reacts very quickly and can hear instructions to squeeze my hand, move a leg or arm and opens her good eye to see what is going on. Now when they do this test she is trying to get up and grab the breathing tube. This is a really good sign!!
More CT scan yesterday and everything seems to look good. 
Today (Monday) hopefully the breathing tube and neck brace can be removed and Pat can wake up. I'll post again later.

CaringBridge is a nonprofit social network dedicated to helping family and friends communicate with and support loved ones during a health journey. Learn more about CaringBridge.

To interact with Patricia’s website, sign in or register today.

By registering with CaringBridge, you will join over 300,000 people a day who are supporting friends and family members.

Sign In Or Register