Nolan Van Epps

First post: Feb 20, 2022 Latest post: May 28, 2022

Welcome to our CaringBridge website. 

Recently, Brie and Eric felt there was something off with Nolan and his stomach. They were planning on addressing it with Nolan's pediatrician at his one year check-up, but after some discussion, they decided to take him in early on Thursday, February 17th.  The attending pediatrician suggested they immediately go to the ER at Phoenix Children's for imaging where they learned that Nolan had a fairly large mass that stretched from under his rib cage to his pelvis.  At this point the doctors have narrowed the tumor down to one of two types of cancer. Unfortunately, both are approached and treated differently.  For now the next course of action is to attempt to remove the tumor on Wednesday, February 23rd. Because of the intensity of this surgery, Nolan will be kept in the hospital for recovery for potentially a week or two following extraction of the tumor. Depending on a number of factors surgery will be followed by some form of chemotherapy. 

We will be using this site to keep family and friends updated in the coming weeks and months . We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement. 

Prayer for our sweet boy is what we need most; However, if you feel compelled to do more, we have attempted to consolidate a list of what might be helpful under a "SignUpGenius" website that can be accessed through the "Ways To Help" tab, of here through this link  (